Devastated looking for answers
My 1 year old manecoon died last year a couple of days before Christmas. He came into my house, went into the bathroom, had a seizure and died. I recently found out that my neighbor (who hates any type of animal) had kicked my best friends cat and leaves antifreeze outside to kill cats and dogs that go through his yard. I'm so mad because my cat always stayed around my property and loved people. Loki didn't deserve that.
my kitten gust dead
my kitten gust dead it was meowing and then not long later dead
Sudden Kitten Death
Our kitten passed this morning at about three am. He had no symptoms two days ago, his symptoms began yesterday around ten am. He was extremely lethargic, unable to walk correctly, was not blinking his eyes, was cold in comparison to our other kittens, and seemed very out of it. We tried calling all available vets in our area (we live in Cambodia), and they weren't able to see him until the following day. We had arranged to take him first thing in the morning, and have given him some milk and egg mixture that seemed to help perk him up a bit, but during the night he passed. We had been checking on him hourly, and while he seemed very weak he was still fighting. We're heartbroken and there is no autopsy for cats available here. We're frightened for our other kittens (who we've been watching very carefully since the onset of his illness) and our dog. Has anyone experienced anything like this? I'm afraid that it might've been viral or contagious for our other animals.
My cat died of feline cardiomyopathy two days ago. She was lying outside in the tall grass in the shade. I thought she was sleeping. I thought I saw her chest move. She liked to sleep outside. When I can back a couple of hours later she was still in the same position. I thought that was unusual. So I went to touch her. She was dead and rigor mortis had already set in.I did not know this could happen. She did not show any signs of illness. Just a little lethargic from the summer heat. Gone. So sudden. I am getting over it.
My beloved ginger girl Tomita passed away
Cat experiences shared
I was reading through the blogs how people were hurt from the passing of theirsweet pets. It is hard to lose your friend. We lost our angel also. We were so hit with grief It hurt meaning literally hurt. I took our angel and prepared her. I was hoping she had a seizure and will awaken, stupid when I know better. No she passed on. We had her cremated. It was evil how people try to take advantage of you. I called 5 places to arrange for her cremation. Each place had a different price with different rules set by themselves to profit not take care of the grieving person. I am very educated but pain and loss had no difference to the pain. I kept my head level while checking around. I finally went to Bideawee in NY. They were respectful, kind and fair in price. I called for the appointment in the morning and she was done by 4 pm. This was prefect, we could grieve her at a showing private and knew whose cremations we were getting. That was my worry, many places mix and do not give you the pet you had. By keeping my head just clear enough ensured I got my cat back and done properly. MY cat hissed and hissed when she woke up as though she did not know where she was. She had a generic problems for breathing, she was dump by her mother for snoring and IBS. She could not eat any beef, and it had to be her way or the highway. She was a true alpha ruler with a sweet kindness to her pet parents. She would tap you when she wanted extra fresh water or more food. She would examine the food for her pet sisters and brothers before the food could be distributed. She was a character who was part dog and part bat. We will miss her always. We knew we would loss her first but she was with us for a short time. We gave her a good clean, healthy, satisfying life. She was my driving buddy when I went out. She went everywhere with me and loved it. This is my darling angel. I express all comfort and healing to you all. It does get better with time. I know I can never never never replace her nor do I wish to. It would be a true hard class to fulfill. She was a Pixie-Bob American Curl with unique characteristics, but I loved her for her sweet personality. I raised her from 2wks old when she was dumped. It was the fact she was a true fighter for life that I made me love her. She enjoyed life. I will try to take this on as a human. This will be a hard act to follow. People do not take to people losing cats. So stay away from them. Go to people who have cats, go to places with cats, only there will you get understanding. You had a lose so go where people understand cats. I wish you all peace and it get better with time. Keep the spirit of your little one in your heart where it will continue on regardless. That is what these special angels leave for us.
On Tuesday I came home from work and found our beautiful 2 year old Leon dead. I've found comfort here reading of so many who had the same horriying experience. It's so hard to believe it even happened, having no signs of illness before this. He was a handsome, intelligent, active & so loving Maine coon. I've now learned about CMV, which I was told, had been eliminated from his bloodline. We also know its impossible to know exactly what happened without necropsy. I am having a terrible time getting through this loss. I empathise with all of you out there who've had to endure it also.
come home from work my cat was gone
I came home for lunch and my cat Nina was just fine and when I got home about 4 hours later from work, she was dead in the living room. She had thrown up everywhere. Had not been sick ever. She was 8 years old. I wonder if she choke to death with maybe food she had been eating or maybe hair balls. The biggest shock and so so hurt. Just like my brother he was getting ready to go to work and just died. These deaths are so much harder. Any suggestions thank you
How did he die?
I have been searching online for answers, but I don't really know.......My cat Scooby Doo, a neutered male, aged 5, died on Good Friday, no signs leading up to his passing, of anything wrong. No sign of poisoning or impact damage (car) but a few hours after he passed, a smell begun.The smell was of death, a very strong rotten smell, and it was a watery yellowish liquid, leaking out of his nose. Mouth shut tight, eyes partially open, body mostly stiff but neck very loose and a hot abdomen for hours after his passing, seven hours later it was still warm while eveywhere else had gone cold. Can anyone help me to understand what he died from?
Find your perfect match based on activity level, size, intelligence and more!