Chat Rooms

avatar

marlinhestinberg

In Cats

Get fish product supply and the essential and the other pet products at americandogsupply.com a best and reliable destination for your pet needs.

Good Evening Everyone;


I need DETAILED instructions, how to give my dear, very constipated Pepper an enema.

His problem is psychological. I adopted him from our local shelter over 8 yrs ago. He was in very poor shape!

He is ultra sensitive to many things. He lost his mate of 8 yrs recently...she was killed by a cougar. I think he may have witnessed her demise!

He has been thoroughly examined by our local vet...no medical reasons were found for the constipation.

I have been hand feeding him off and on for many weeks.

I have tried everything possible to no avail...so it's enema time!

Please, can someone provide me with detailed instructions?

Sincerely...Penny 
    

 

We found out that constipation in cats is quite common. Our one guy had this problem for over a year. We tried everything. He wouldn't eat pumkin, squash or any of the things that are supposed to help.We researched like crazy.  It was so difficult for him that he developed litter box aversion  ( a behavioural issue because he related the box to his pain). This made it equally difficult for us. The long and short of it is, we finally tracked down a food that worked beautifully. It's called Medi-Cal Gastro Intestinal and made by Royal Canin. After a few days he was calm again and now uses the litter box again. if you have a cat with these symptoms give it a try. We were able to buy it at the Veterinarians. Good luck!

PS: there is no benefit for us if you buy the product, other than hopefully helping cats and cat owners alike.

I know About a week ago, our 3 month old kitten almost died. She has always been healthy aside from an incident she had drinking chocolate milk about a month before. We believed she had fully recovered as she was back to her normal self. She was playing, running, eating,etc. that morning. I called her name. She ran into living room and started doing uncontrollable flips. I realized she could not breathe! I attempted the Heimlich but she still was not breathing. My wife did a finger sweep because we thought she had choked on something. Nothing  helped. She was not breathing. About 2 minutes later her body was going lifeless.Then my wife did rescue breaths. Eventually she began to breathe shallow breaths by herself on our way to vet.We got her to vet. They  stabilized her, put her on oxygen. The next morning she was sent home because she was eating on her own!They found pneumonia. Put her on antibiotics. But her neurological motor skills are damaged. She mentally is still sharp. But her walking and running is highly erratic and uncoordinated. We figure she got brain damage from oxygen deprivation.The vet has no idea what happened to her. The X-ray showed no object to cause choking. I don't know if she had a seizure. We are just glad she is alive right now.

Hi,

My cat has been sick for years with itching.  He's lost most of the fur on his belly, tail, and face.  He has small circles of lost fur in his ears but they are not sores.  We've tried all the food allergy trials and he does not respond.  Recently taking a treatment of Profender seemed to help, and he got his fur back and doesn't itch as much.  But he has to take a treatment every three weeks or he's back at it. 

Over the last three months he's developed a red eye.  He scratches it and there are sores all around it and his ears.  I thought he might have toxoplasmosis so I got him a treatment for it and it seemed to work but he couldn't keep taking it because it made him sick to his stomach.  Now the eye has turned Glacoma and they want me to remove it!  I know this won't solve the underlying condition. 

I am hoping someone out there has heard of this!  Please help if you can!
Nancy

avatar

joendavid

In Cats

hi. i have 3 cats, and my vet discovered a tapeworm on my female cat at her last visit. i am really afraid that my other 2 could pick up a tapeworm from the litterbox they share. could anybody help?

these kittens have their immunization up to date . they are up to date and are males and females. they will be coming with all papers. they are relatively cheap and worth they price as they are play ful, entertaining and friendly to their host and other home based pets. contact for more information

My 3 year old cat has recently been sleeping a lot more, not coming when called, has dry nose, will sit, stare off into space & rock, meowing a lot more than usual & seems to have lost his balance. He is eating  & drinking & hasn't lost any weight but I am very worried about him. Seems like he has lost his mind a little.

Over the past month, I have acquired 2 kittens- one male that is about 4 months and one female that's a little younger. Before getting them, I had read up on clicker training cats, so I began to clicker train them right away (seperately, of course). The older male has done extraordinarily well. I successfully loaded the clicker, found a treat that he was crazy about, and taught him to come when called.

The female is a different story and has me at my wits end. It's not that she's not intelligent; it's just that she will NOT cooperate. I was successfully able to load the clicker with her (I know because I clicked without a reward and she searched for one), so I know she is capable of learning. However, when we throw in the commands, and she has to work for the treat, it's like she shuts down or gets bored. When we begin training, I always let her smell the treat to begin with, and then begin with the particular command I want to focus on (so far it's only the "come" command because I can't get her to pick it up). With the "come" command, once I have her attention and issue the command, she will slowly waltz toward me, stopping to look out the window, stopping to clean her paws a little, stopping to scratch on the carpet, etc. All the while I am about to pull my hair out! Once she does make it to me, I click, give a treat, and praise her over and over, and the process begins again.

When I first started training, she would sometimes sniff the treat and walk away, so I was like, "Okay, well maybe she doesn't like the treat. I need to find a better incentive." After several different types of reward including various treats and toys (as well as attempting training before a meal so she would be hungry), nothing is working. I have no idea what I am doing wrong! I know that she is probably just as confused as I am, but her seeminly indifferent attitude is so frustrating! Does anyone have any advice?

My cat has been on Prednisolone for six years due to an allergy where he would itch so much he would get bare spots on his skin.   About two years ago, he developed an open sore on a paw and it has gradually grown larger and now it is bright pink and quite puffed up, but not infected.   I have been trying Derma Gel for one week now and it has not changed.   He also has kidney disease, but no diabetes.   He is around 12 years old.   The vet told me that there is nothing that can be done.   I would like to switch him off the Pred and put him on something else for his skin allergy.   Any of you have something similar to this and have advice for me?   Thanks!

prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next
Submit your own photos!
Dog Breeds Selector

Find your perfect match based on activity level, size, intelligence and more!